Sunday, April 8, 2012

Grad School Hype: Don't Buy it If You Don't Want To


Hmmm. False. False, false. False and ...... false! 



I may not be sure about my job prospects right now, but one things sure: I'm definitely not interested in Graduate school at the moment. I see no reason to go right now. First of all, there's no topic that interests me enough to dedicate two years of study. Second, after 5-plus years of writing papers, taking exams, and giving presentations, I think I deserve a damn good break.



As much as news outlets like to imply, I don't find it an adequate substitute for unemployment. No one should decide on their Masters studies the same way they picked their undergrad major. I want to make sure there's SOME chance I can use my masters to improve my skills and benefit my career.  If i'm gonna take a chance on something, it's gonna be a job, not a Masters.


Oh yeah, I can't afford it right now either.

No comments: